Sue Palumbo, Sharon Gostlin,
Peninsula Public Library
6105 Riverview Road
Peninsula, Ohio 44264
Meeting Time: 11:00 am
|The theme for this month's
fat quarter drawing:
Solids (any color)
|The quilt block this month for the
Block Design Exchange is a
Click here to view and print the block outline.
Submitted by Janet Joehlin
1) Welcome to everyone! We have 4 new members present and 2 visitors.
2) Please pay 2007 dues to Mary Zeitz. Her address can be found in the "Members only" section of our webpage.
Click here to see if your dues have been received.
3) Congratulations! All current Standard members are on the OLAQvotes group. We encourage ALL members to
vote during our upcoming election. A test poll was put on the voting group a few days ago. If you haven't voted in
that poll, please do so before November 1st so that we know you have access.
4) 2007 Program changes- Jackie Gritzinger reported on the changes the committee made to the upcoming year of
programs. Please check the website for an up-to-date 2007 schedule of programs.
5) June 2007 meeting in Columbus- We are trading teaching time (a 1 hour lecture at the NQA show) for a free
meeting room for our June business meeting and a lecture from a Superior Threads representative. There was
some discussion on a format or topic we could present and who might present it. Kathy McCarty agreed to chair this
6) Raffle Quilt- Sharon Gostlin unveiled the beginning of a raffle quilt and asked for volunteers to take block kits
home. Sharon has donated all of the fabric. She, Sue Palumbo, Anna Bachtel and Pat Waldron have done
significant work on the quilt already which is the Feathered Fantasy pattern designed by our member Shirley Stutz.
7) Fall 2007 Event - October 18, 19 and 20. Anna Bachtel has joined the Events Committee and has been
assigned leader of the group. Kathy Goss is struggling with health problems and will not be able to continue her
duties with them. The committee will be meeting on October 29th at the event location (Das Dutch Village in
Columbiana, OH) to work on the details of planning the event. A down payment has been made to the conference
center and a contract has been signed. More information will be forthcoming. Mark your calendars and plan to
8) Next year's quilt challenge will be determined by the event committee and will be unveiled at the January 2007
meeting. We are planning to incorporate the challenge quilts into our event.
9) November 2006 meeting - there are still openings for the regional meetings. If you want to sign up for another
meeting, please contact the hostess of the particular meeting directly. If you are registered for a meeting and have
to cancel, please contact the hostess directly. All meetings and shown on the November meeting page along with a
list of the members registered.
10) December 2006 meeting- All active and associate members are invited to our annual Holdiay party on Dec. 9,
2006. There is a $10 hostess fee for a fabulous lunch and festive decorations. Our gift exchange will have a $15
maximum value. Please bring donations for a LOTTO basket, which will be offered on this day. See the meeting
webpage for complete details. Please make sure you vote in the poll when it is posted to indicate if you will be
attending so that the hostesses can plan accordingly.
11) NOMINEES for 2007-2008 term-
President- Mary Zeitz
Vice President- Carol Rickard and Janice Kiser
Secretary- Jackie Gritzinger, Nancy Gano and Debbie Arden
Treasurer- Lynne Gray and Rosemary Darraugh
Voting will take place November 1- 14 in an online anonymous poll.
PLEASE VOTE. It is your privilege and your responsibility.
12) Thank you- Joan Flory graciously thanked everyone for the cards and prayers during her on-going health
problems. Kathryn Hood also thanked the group for their cards during her recent hospital stay.
TREASURY- See webpage for the current balance.
MEMBERSHIP- Four members went to associate status: Doug & Martha Creasy, Darlie Katz, and Darlene W. Two
members did not renew: Diana Schaffer and Linda Sekerak. Our 4 new members are: Jan DeZee, Bobbie Badovik,
JoEllen Graziadei and Carolyn Mann. Welcome to you all. Kathy McCarty is stepping down from Membership chair in
December. Diane Wantz will take over the position.
FUND RAISING- There are openings on this committee. If anyone is interested please contact the chairperson,
Sarah Bistline. Also, don't forget to bring donated items for the LOTTO basket in December. Items can be given
early to any committee member.
PROGRAM- Nothing to report.
PUBLIC RELATIONS- Nothing to report.
EVENT COMMITTEE- As previously reported.
|Members in attendance:
Debbie Arden Anna Bachtel Sarah Bistline Nora Brant Rosemary Darraugh Joan Flory
Nancy Gano Sharon Gostlin Lynne Gray Jackie Gritzinger Phyllis Groves Kathryn Hood
Patty Hughes Janet Joehlin arlie Katz Janice Kiser Kathy McCarty Ellie Monroe Sue Palumbo
Nancy Rab Connie Rice Carol Rickard Pat Waldron Diane Wantz Darlene Wegrynowski Mary Zeitz
Bobbie Badovick Jan Dezee JoEllen Graziadei
Sandra Soni Carol Srajer
|Membership dues ($20) were collected at this meeting.
Click here to see if your dues have been received.
If you have not yet paid, please mail a check to our President, Mary Zeitz.
Dues must be received by November 1st, 2007.
|Click on picture for larger image