|Ohio LongArm Quilters
April 15, 2006 Meeting
Hosted by: Sarah Bistline
Meeting Time: 11:00am
|The theme for
|The quilt block this month for the
Block Design Exchange is
Attic Window Block
Click here to view and print the block outline.
|Members in attendance
Debbie Arden Anna Bachtel Sarah Bistline Nora Bant Nancy Gano Sharon Gostlin
Lynne Gray Jackie Gritzinger Phyllis Groves Kathryn Hood Amy Jones
Janice Kiser Janice Marlatt Linda Miller Ellie Monroe Sue Palmbo
Nancy Rab Carol Rickard Darlene Wegynowski Mary Zeitz
Submitted by Nora Brant
1. The meeting was called to order by President, Mary Zeitz.
2. Prior to the meeting, the new 2007-8 program committee met with the current committee to begin plans
for transition of duties. Several interesting ideas were discussed and we look forward to hearing from the
committee when their schedule is finalized. Members of that committee are Nora Brant, Ellie Monroe,
Phyllis Groves, Darlene Wegrynowski and Jackie Gritzinger as Chairperson.
3. Members are reminded to return their personal information questionnaires to Dottie Bettiker for
inclusion on the Member Profiles page of the website.
4. Anna Bachtel has heard nothing on the application for non-profit status of the group.
5. Mary reminded us that we are only required to do one of the block designs when more than one option
is printed for that month. Also, don't forget to check the crate each month for your copies.
6. The May 20th meeting will be at Janice Kiser's in Peninsula. We need to turn in our small quilts at that
time for the June window display at the Mentor library. Diane Wantz will be setting up the display and that
will be the location for our June meeting.
7. Kathryn Hood shared information on the 2006 Quilt of Dreams to help St Jude's Children's Hospital.
Quilts need to include at least 50% special Hancock fabrics. Check out their website for more information.
No change in the treasury was reported.
No news from the publicity committee.
The November meetings will be mini meetings. Those who are willing to host a meeting are asked to pick
the date, time, topic for the presentation and how many you are willing to host. The date can be any day
in November - whatever is convenient for the hostess. This information should be turned into Mary Zeitz.
When this information is complied it will be posted on the website. Then members should email Mary Zeitz
with their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choices. Members should plan to actually attend only one mini meeting in
order to allow all members to participate. If there is space available after all members get assigned to one
meeting, they can ask to attend a second.
Membership committee reported that the waiting list is growing.
Demos of the following:
Applying crystals to embellish your quilts or clothing by Amy Jones
Fabric Painting by Sarah Bistline
Quilting the Baptist Fan pattern using circle rulers by Sue Palumbo
|The raffle basket was won by
and netted the treasury $89.
Thanks to the fundraising committee
for organizing the raffle
and to all members who donated items.