|Ohio LongArm Quilters
December 10, 2005 Meeting
Hosted by: Sharon Gostlin &
Belgrade Gardens Restaurant
3476 Massillon Rd,
Meeting Time: 11:00 am
|The theme for this month's
fat quarter drawing is
Winner - Sarah Bistline
|The quilt block this month for the
Block Design Exchange is
Click here to view and print the block outline.
|Members in attendance:
Anna Bachtel Dottie Bettiker Sarah Bistline Nora Brant Rosemary Darraugh Nancy Gano
Kathy Goss Sharon Gostlin Lynne Gray Jackie Gritzinger Phyllis Groves Janet Joehlin
Amy Jones Janice Kiser Kathy McCarty Linda Miller Ellie Monroe Sue Palumbo Nancy Rab
Connie Rice Carol Rickard Shirley Stutz Pat Waldron Diane Wantz Mary Zeitz
Meeting Minutes for December 11, 2005
Submitted by Janet Joehlin
Welcome everyone, and Merry Christmas!
1) Our new treasurer, Kathy Goss, was introduced.
2) Non-profit status- Anna Bachtel is making progress on this. Much paperwork has been filled out and
they are waiting on just a few things.
3) Questionnaire- Dottie Bettiker has received about 10 questionnaires from members. Here is the link
on our website. Fill out as much or as little as you want. Dottie will take a creative writing course and
write paragraphs on each of us for the members only section of our website. This will help us get to
know each other! Good luck, Dottie!
4) January Meeting- Dottie Bettiker will host the next meeting at her home on January 21, 2006 at 11
AM. Check the meeting page for the details.
5) Block Design Exchange- Janice Kiser reminds each of us to check our folders in her crate.
6) December 2006 meeting- Janice Kiser, Carol Rickard & Nancy Rab have agreed to plan next year's
Christmas party. Details will follow.
7) 2007-2008 Program Committee- Please consider becoming a part of the future Program Planning
Committee. The current committee has done a fabulous job but their work is just about done. Next term's
committee will need to plan in advance so please start thinking now about joining. When the committee
is determined, members should them know if they are willing to host for any meetings in 2007-2008.
8) Lake Farmparks Quilt Show- Everyone is encouraged to enter this show. Entry forms are available at
www.lakemetroparks.com The entry form and an $8 entry fee must be postmarked by Tuesday Jan. 3,
2006. Quilts are to be taken to Farmparks on Wed. and Thurs. Jan. 18 & 19, 2006.
Kathy McCarty reports- We will have a full 40 members if the last woman contacted this week joins. Also
welcome to Nancy Rab who was added to the committee.
Kathy Goss reports- "I got nothin" Check the treasury page on the website for an update on balances.
Sarah Bistline and Phyllis Groves report- The 2 Lotto Baskets raffled off today were a big hit. They
brought in $150 for the treasury. Thanks to everyone for the donations.
Pat Waldron reports- The Sally Terry program is not being pursued further.
Kathryn Hood will be hosting the March meeting in Amish country.
Diane Wantz will host the June meeting in the community room of the Mentor Library. The display
window is available for our use in the month of June.